Saturday, March 26, 2016

Long Distance

As I am sitting here in my apartment, in my comfortable king size bed,  covered in 100% silk sheets and comforter, listening to my favorite West Africa tunes, all I keep is wondering.  How to keep fire alive on long distance relationship on your late 30... I will be 38 years old this year, and  I am not even sure why I actually committed to LD relationship.   I had so many amazing people before in my life wanting to have relationship with me, and I pushed them away asap. And now He comes along, and I am like. YUP.. I wanna commit to it 100% . And I am. But what keeps me up at night at times is question.  WHY is he the chosen one? Why do I feel so strongly about him? Why I don't have any doubts that this will not work out?  And only  answer that comes to my mind is- Trust your inner voice.  It never lies. It will be difficult, but it will be worth it.  ANd before waters calm down, there will be few storms along the way.


I just had fun conversation with one of my friends today...  one of my favorite saying is...  If He is not who he plays out to be- there is this amazing thing called KARMA, and it has gigantic dick... I swear it does. Believe me when I say TRUST ME..... And Mr. Karma goes , and it Fucks him in the ass. literally.. and He will know exactly why he got fucked in the ass...  So . There you go.  I ain't worried....

 So I am not really  worried about this.. WHat I am worried about is. He is a man. He is surrounded by amazing females. Yeah, if he is good man, he will flirt, have few drinks here and there, and thats the end of it.  But  I was married to one amazing man for 14 years ... right???   Had long distance relationship.  and all. Trusting 100% till I could not anymore and then things fell apart.  And Because of that I know how things are for most of guys.  If I was in my 20s I would believe shit. Now , i listen, make mental notes, do my research and  lay it all out, and walk away. .

And Now I want to trust with all my heart, but that little % keeps telling me.. "Bitch  please get your shit together, and just take him as SPECIAL friend, snap out of it, get a cat, and pitbull  write tons of books and live happily ever after."

And I am fighting hard not to let that little voice in my head win.  So, I am doing everything to keep me busy not thinking about it.  and I already know one important thing- He has given me something nobody else ever has done before. He slowed me down. No other man after my divorce have  had that ability.    He came to my life on right time. I was already committed to quitting smoking, and now I am already 2 months smoke free,  I have cut down alcohol consumption tons, and I don't party anymore.  I have cut out pretty much all my party "friends", It just was not worth it.  I am so calm and quiet , it is scary even to myself.  I am concentrating all my energy towards making it work. Trusting, staying centered, staying calm.  Staying true to myself and to my feelings. I will do it till I feel like it is disturbing my life in a way, I can't function.

It is scary feeling to see our future with someone, but same time you are not with that person . You worry, obsess, dream, and care to the point ones heart hurts. In this case, mine-- my heart is hurting, it is vulnerable.  I opened it up , and at any given moment it can start receiving stabs.  And I have to be ready for it. Take it like a QUEEN and grow from it.  But I signed myself up for it, and I want to see how far can it take us.

SO even though I can't be with him physically, we are still on this journey.  IT could end tomorrow, or day after, or it can last for a lifetime. I don't know.  I have to be ready for it all. and I think I am.

We all deserve the best in this world, and I already have the best life, just hoping He is the Best person to join in and celebrate life...  But .. will take one step at a time, and see where our journey takes us.

I know I love Him. But at times it is not enough.


I am high of Love....


1 comment:

  1. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    Long distance relationship

    ReplyDelete